It runs!

Now I am cleaning things up, but the car does work! It is also registered and licensed, so it is street legal. This is a clip of me taking it on my first test drive. The engine compartment is exposed so that I could make small changes without much hassle, but at the end of the day I closed that up.


While everything works, I still have some work left to get all of the subsystems setup properly and talking to one-another. For example, the BMS (battery management system) is setup as a standalone system at the moment, but soon I'll be able to integrate a feedback system with the charger so that they work together to keep the batteries healthy.

4 comments:

  1. Sam Wong10:50 PM

    Hey Rob,

    You make it look so easy.
    Congratulations!

    Sam Wong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Could you tell me where did you get your adapter drawings and/or adapter plate? I'm in process of converting a Boxster too, with Kostov Alpha 11" and Soliton 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Henry,
    I got my adaptor plate and hub from the guys at http://www.electriccarinternational.com/

    They have the drawings for the transmission end and did a great job. I used a Warp9, so I don't know if they would have the template for a Kostov Alpha.

    If you are using the original flywheel, my one word of warning is to send that in to them with all 8 bolts and have them make both sides flush. I had to send my flywheel back twice to have them do additional machining on it just to make sure it fit. But they are good guys and did a great job.

    Best of luck with your project, and I'd be happy to hear how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is really fantastic! Congratulations on your conversion work and for your accurate descriptions. The video is really well done. I am also a big supporter of electric vehicles of all kinds, not only cars, but also trucks vans, golf carts, etc. .. They are really unique means, that do not pollute, are silent, do not require continuous maintenance and allow save on fuel.

    ReplyDelete