Batteries

The batteries I ended up using are Sinopoly 180Ah Lithium batteries. I am using 34 of them wired in series, so with a nominal 3.2V each, the total pack has a nominal 109V. This gives me a 19.6kWh pack, which should give me between 80-100 miles of range depending on driving conditions. I am splitting the batteries into three boxes. One is in the trunk, one under the trunk where the muffler used to be, and one in the front where the gas tank used to be. The weight of these batteries and the new electric motor is equal to the weight of the gas engine that I took out.

The 34 batteries

The three aluminum boxes that hold the batteries

Batteries in the trunk

Beginning wiring

Both rear boxes in the car, one in the trunk and one behind the bumper

Trunk batteries with copper straps connecting them

1 comment:

  1. Hi again, it's Alex with more questions! :)
    First of all, congrats on finding Sinopoly batteries! Those seem to be pretty hard to find. Okay, questions: 1) Do you have any pictures of the batteries or box that you made for the fuel tank area? I think I found some of your posts on the 986 forum about getting that fuel tank out of there; the responses were pretty funny. 2) Why didn't you put any batteries on either side of the motor in the engine compartment? Are the 180Ah cells too tall?
    I think that's all I have for now!
    Best,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete