Final wiring

The last step was wiring everything together. I placed most of the components in the engine compartment and figured out how to hook it all up. Definitely the most fun part of the project!

The yellow box is the charger for the main battery pack

This is the vacuum pump that runs the power braking

This is the hydraulic pump which provides power steering

Here is the layout of the remaining components. The two green boxes on the left are the Zilla 1K controller, which directs the correct output from the main battery pack to the electric motor.

View of the engine compartment with the controller installed

This was the view with everything installed (and running!) before I cleaned up the wiring.


1 comment:

  1. Hi again,
    What kind of vacuum assist pump did you use? How about the power steering pump? MR2? I'm glad to see you decided to keep the power brakes and steering. I would like my Boxster conversion to retain as much functionality as the original as I can. I think it goes a long way towards silencing the nay-sayers! :)
    One more question: what did you do about environmental controls? Do you have heat or AC?
    Best,
    Alex

    ReplyDelete